NEW! With the SmartPay Reporting Service (SPRS) option, almost every workers’ compensation customer, regardless of how they run payroll, can now enroll in our pay-as-you-go billing option. And, The Hartford has now waived the customer’s annual fee!
Pay-as-you-go billing relies on real-time payroll to calculate workers’ compensation premiums. This means premiums are more accurate compared to using estimated annual payroll.
Customers who elect pay-as-you-go will appreciate these cash flow benefits:
- NO down payments
- NO monthly billing or finance fees
- FEWER premium audit adjustments
Agents also benefit with a policy retention rate that’s, on average, 3 points higher with pay-as-you-go billing vs those without it.1
Use these resources to become familiar with XactPAY, The Hartford’s pay-as-you-go billing option.
- Learn about XactPAY using our agent flyer and customer flyer.
- View the payroll providers partnering with us.
- View our payroll billing video series, including “how to” and customer-facing videos.
- Check out the agency benefits of XactPAY.
- Go deeper with these guides:
- Agent Onboarding Guide prepares you to confidently sell this option to customers.
- XactPAY Customer Guide shows customers who use a payroll provider how to register for and manage their XactPAY account.
- Self-Reported Payroll Customer Guide shows customers who self-report their payroll how to register and manage their self-reported account.
Be sure to share the customer guides with customers once they’ve elected one of our pay-as-you-go billing options.
1 Based on a comparison of The Hartford’s renewal data for workers’ compensation policies with and without a payroll billing option for the period 2019-2020.